Church Operations Manager Job Description, Skills, Interview Questions
Last updated: Mar 17, 2023
What Does a Church Operations Manager Do?
As a Church Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the operational functions of the church, such as facilities management, finance and budgeting, and administration. You will work closely with other staff members, volunteers, and church leadership to ensure that all operations are running smoothly and efficiently to meet the needs and goals of the church. Your ability to manage budgets, identify and mitigate risks, and effectively communicate with staff and parishioners will be essential for success in this role.
- Oversee the operational functions of the church, including facilities management, finance and budgeting, and administration.
- Develop and manage budgets and financial plans to ensure overall financial health of the church.
- Coordinate and lead teams of volunteers to organize events, fundraising, and other outreach programs.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, such as licenses, permits, and tax filings.
- Set up and maintain record-keeping and database systems, and ensure that data is accurate and accessible.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in operational management, finance, or administration of a church or nonprofit preferred.
- Strong budget management and organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks and identify and mitigate risks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to effectively communicate with staff, church leadership, and parishioners.
- Familiarity with church databases and record-keeping software preferred.
Why Do You Need a Church Operations Manager?
Church Operations Manager Job Description and Responsibilities
Church Operations Manager Skills and Ideal Candidate Profile
Church Operations Manager Interview Questions
Church Operations Manager Salary
Similar Jobs and Keywords You May Be Interested In