EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) Clerk is a healthcare administrative professional who is responsible for verifying and processing electronic timesheets for healthcare providers who provide in-home care services to clients. The following are the typical job duties and responsibilities of an EVV Clerk:
An EVV Clerk plays a vital role in managing healthcare billing and payment systems, ensuring compliance with regulations, and maintaining accurate records and information. They must be detail-oriented, have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
1. As an EVV Clerk, you will be responsible for accurately entering client and attendant information into the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system.
2. Perform visit maintenance on the EVV system and ensure that all data is up to date.
3. Train clients and attendants on EVV requirements, such as downloading and installing the EVV Mobile App and clocking in and out with the Mobile App.
4. Assist with the training, evaluation, counseling/disciplinary action of attendants in relation to EVV and compliance requirements.
5. Monitor and ensure that EVV data is accurate and complete.
6. Investigate and resolve any discrepancies found in the EVV system.
7. Generate reports as needed for billing purposes.
8. Provide technical assistance to clients and attendants when using the EVV system.
9. Stay up to date on EVV system changes and updates.
10. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
11. Demonstrate a commitment to quality customer service.
12. Maintain confidentiality of client and attendant information.
13. Collaborate with other departments to ensure that EVV requirements are met.
14. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
15. Troubleshoot any issues with the EVV system.
16. Ensure all EVV data is secure and protected.
17. Document all EVV system activity as needed.
18. Evaluate and analyze EVV data to identify possible issues and areas of improvement.
19. Assist with the maintenance, and upgrades of the EVV system.
20. Assist in the training and onboarding of new EVV Clerks.
21. Assist with the implementation of EVV system best practices.
22. Assist with the development and implementation of EVV policies and procedures.
23. Monitor EVV system for accuracy and completeness.
24. Perform administrative duties as needed to support EVV system operations.
25. Assist with the development of EVV system training material.
1. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are essential for success as an EVV clerk.
2. Must have strong communication and customer service skills to effectively communicate the requirements of the EVV system to clients and attendants.
3. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic technical issues with the EVV system.
4. Adept at multitasking with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
5. Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify solutions to potential software and hardware issues.
6. Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with clients and attendants.
8. Highly organized with the capability to stay up-to-date with policy and system updates.
9. Knowledge of the healthcare industry and familiarity with the Electronic Visit Verification system.
10. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology, including creating and maintaining spreadsheets, databases, and other software programs.
11. Dedication to providing exceptional customer service and a commitment to accuracy and quality control.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism when interacting with clients and attendants.
13. Patient and understanding of clients and attendants who may not be familiar with the system.
14. Ability to educate and train others on the use and requirements of the EVV system.
15. Demonstrable initiative and the ability to take ownership of tasks and projects.
16. Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities and needs.
17. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
18. Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients and attendants.
19. Proficiency in data entry and data analysis.
20. Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and coordinate tasks with other team members.
21. Commitment to quality assurance and the ability to identify issues and recommend solutions.
22. A keen eye for detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of data entry.
23. Ability to stay abreast of changes in the healthcare industry and the EVV system.
24. Aptitude for learning new software and applications.
25. Knowledge of HIPAA and other compliance regulations related to healthcare and data security.
1. What experience do you have using and navigating an EVV system?
2. How do you keep up with changes in EVV regulations and requirements?
3. What strategies do you use to ensure accuracy when entering client and attendant information into the system?
4. Tell me about a time when you had to troubleshoot an issue with the EVV system.
5. How do you handle conflicts or disagreements with clients or attendants regarding EVV and compliance requirements?
6. Describe a time when you had to explain EVV regulations and requirements to a client or an attendant.
7. What strategies do you use to ensure that the EVV system is up-to-date and accurate?
8. How do you handle difficult clients or attendants who do not comply with EVV regulations and requirements?
9. How do you handle stress or pressure when completing a task?
10. What techniques do you use to ensure that the EVV system is secure and protected from unauthorized access?
11. Tell me about a time when you had to explain a complex technical issue to a client or an attendant.
12. Describe a time when you had to train someone on how to use the EVV Mobile App.
13. What methods do you use to stay organized while performing visit maintenance?
14. How do you handle unexpected technical issues when completing a task in the EVV system?
15. Describe a time when you had to work independently to complete a task in the EVV system.
16. What experience do you have working with clients and attendants who are unfamiliar with the EVV system?
17. What do you think is the most important role of an EVV Clerk?
18. How do you ensure that the EVV system is operating properly and efficiently?
19. How do you handle multiple tasks and deadlines?
20. What strategies do you use to ensure that client and attendant information is kept confidential and secure?
21. Describe your experience in troubleshooting technical issues in the EVV system.
22. What techniques do you use to stay focused and productive when performing visit maintenance in the EVV system?
23. How do you handle difficult situations or disagreements when interacting with clients or attendants regarding EVV requirements?
24. Describe a time when you had to adjust or modify a process or procedure to complete a task in the EVV system.
25. What qualities make you a good fit for a role as an EVV Clerk?
The compensation for an Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Clerk can vary greatly depending on the area and the employer. According to popular job sites, EVV Clerks are typically paid from $12 - $24 per hour. Salary.com estimates that EVV Verification Clerks in Indianapolis, Indiana make between $30,000 and $40,000 annually, while positions like Electronic Visit Verification Coordinators in Lufkin, Texas have a salary range of approximately $30,140 to $41,424 yearly. An opening for an EVV Clerk in Laredo, TX could yield an estimated yearly income of around $27,968.
Electronic visit verification services
Mobile applications for EVV
Time and attendance tracking
Remote workforce management
EVV billing codes
Private duty nursing
Patient care management
Staff training and development
Patient management software
Revenue cycle management
Health information exchange
Mobile workforce management
Health information technology
Electronic Medical Records (EMR)