Wine Tender Job Description, Skills, Interview Questions
Last updated: Mar 17, 2023
What Does a Wine Tender Do?
As a Wine Tender, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and knowledgeable recommendations to customers who are interested in wine. You will have a passion for wine and the wine-making process, and be able to discuss the flavor profiles, origins, and unique features of different wines with enthusiasm. Your ability to create a welcoming and positive experience for customers, handle transactions, and ensure that the wine bar runs smoothly will be essential to success in this role.
- Provide exceptional customer service, welcoming customers to the wine bar and guiding them through the wine selection and purchasing process.
- Develop deep knowledge of the wine selection and be able to recommend wines to customers based on their preferences and interests.
- Understand and use wine-related vocabulary to educate customers on the flavor profiles, origins, and unique features of different wines.
- Encourage customers to try new wines and to engage in the wine-making experience, helping to create a positive and engaging atmosphere in the wine bar.
- Manages inventory of wine and implements policies and procedures for wine purchases and restocking
- Prior experience working in a wine bar, tasting room, or other setting where wine is sold and served preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge and interest in wine, with an ability to discuss flavor profiles, origins, and unique features of different wines.
- Proven sales experience to promote wine sales and suggest related merchandise.
- Ability to coordinate and manage wine bar events, such as tastings, dinners, and other wine-related experiences.
Why Do You Need a Wine Tender?
Wine Tender Job Description and Responsibilities
Wine Tender Skills and Ideal Candidate Profile
Wine Tender Interview Questions
Wine Tender Salary
Similar Jobs and Keywords You May Be Interested In